Sunday, May 16, 2010

Module 8


RSS is an acronym for Rich Sit Summary. An RSS such as Google Reader, is used as a central database for individual to follow existing sites. Rather then searching through current favourite sites, the information or updates are automatically sent to the individuals area. This is known as subscribing, just like subscribing to a magazine. What this tool hopes to achieve is for the user to be easily informed, saving time and ensure privacy of use.

This could enhance learning, as it could be away that we could update students on information, or current events. Say I set homework for the week or achievable goals during examinations, rather then the student having to refer to their diaries, then assessments then double checking times etc, they could set up their own efficient system within an RSS. All they need to do is login, then use once system for all. The other aspect is that students would be able to have the most updated information and news just under one login.



Commented on Eleonora Furfaro: "The stand out for me was that it keeps track of what I have viewed so that when I search again I do not end up reading the same information twice." definitely a bonus as waste time would be kept to a minimum and make the information more usable. One feature I did not see was an archiving tool, where you could store information. Storing and referencing is one item that could be addressed with students.

Image reference: http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/magnum-pi-selleck-5.jpg
http://www.sykesautobroker.com/_images/_car-photos/66_1194281002.jpg
Retrieved: 17th May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment